Sunday, February 14, 2010

13.1

So, I'm sitting here listening to Justin Bieber (who knew that would ever happen?) putting off reading for Philosophy...but who really can blame me right? Philosophy is dumb.

Anyway. So this morning I woke up at the lovely hour of 4:15. Why, you might ask, would I ever do such a thing as this? Mehh. Because I ran a half marathon is all. No big deal... (: Actually it was super intense and pretty fun. I think though, that kinda like being a bad test taker, I'm also a bad racer...Because when Aubrey and I trained, during all the long runs I felt fine basically! I mean, yeah, I never went exactly 13.1 miles, but I went maybe 12.5 once and I was not dying or feeling like it was taking 89 years to run one little mile or having to peeeee...(luckily I made it :) Anyway, it seemed much harder than I was expecting. But at the same time, it was absolutely amazing. It's funny though because when I feel like something is too hard for me, but I know I can't quit, I just start whining alot and saying alot of bad things in my head...I totally did that today. I think I hit my "wall" or whatever around 10 miles and I was getting sooo annoyed! Haha. I was running by my friend Aubrey and I looked over at her, after what felt like at least 3 miles and said "we really aren't to mile 11 yet??!" I was pretty ticked. And then right after the mile 12 marker (or maybe before?) there was the hugesttt hill in America! I seriously almost died...and I seriously said "...rude!!" (: But I pushed it and I made it up the hill and finished the last mile strong! All in all, it was a fantastic run and I loved it alot.

It was pretty cool because at one point I just felt so stinkin tired and my legs were very sore and hurt-y and I told God that He was gona have to be the one to get me through it...and He totally did. (Duhhh. :) And not to make this into a story with a Bible application that can apply to your life but...It's very cool to think that God already knows what we're going to go through even though we don't and He is totally willing to be there every step of the way. And of course, not just while you happen to be running a half/full marathon, but in all the things that God places on your heart. Even sometimes when you don't know what He wants for your life. (Like say, what your'e going to do this summer...) God already knows the plans He has for you, and they are plans to prosper you, not harm you, and to give you a hope and a future. We will know His will when we seek him with all your heart. (Jer. 29:11, 13) Hello, cool!

Another cool verse that I recently stumbled across is this: "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have dont. The things you have planned for us no one can recount to you...Here I am, I have come. I desire to do your will, O my God. Your law is within my heart." Ps. 40:5a, 7-8. I just think its pretty great how God has the greatest stuff planned for us, but the only way we will know what it is, is to be patient and trust in Him to reveal his will to us in his own time. God is good yo. Don't forget it (:

Peace out for now. Philosophy...here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, i'm so excited that you have a blog now. i will have to add a link on my blog to your blog so i can keep up with you!

    ps- i really like the verses in this post.

    ReplyDelete