Monday, April 5, 2010

Sometimes I stay up late because my brain won't turn off.

Hello all 9 of you who may or may not actually read my blog... (:
Yeah, just like the rest of you, i haven't written in awhile because school was like "oh hello, i'm gona RUIN your life!! have fun."
Anyway, last night I was thinking about random stuff...I guess because it was Easter I was thinking about how I take Jesus for granted a LOT, and I don't thank God enough for sending His son to die for my sins, and rise again (because he's legit...). And then I was thinking why did God even do it all. Like not in a bad way or like I'm not glad He did. But all the sudden I was just like "why in america did God make Jesus die on a cross because we all suck at life?"
And why did he make us in the first place? If you think about it, God doesn't need us. Fact.
Like, God's already perfect, but he decided to bring us into the world...to mess everything up. And the funny thing is, He knew we would...Yet here we all are anyway. Because for whatever reason, he loves us. This is definitely crazy to me. How could he love every one of us before he even made us? And how in the world could he love us even though he straight up KNEW we would break his heart again and again? I mean, why put yourself through that?
I guess (to answer my own question), it's kinda like that stupid philosophy question: Would it be better to bring someone into the world if it was for a greater purpose, even if it means alot of yucky suffering and heart ache and questioning and hurting? Or would it be better to just live in a lame, safe, really boring bubble where nothing could ever hurt you or make you think and question stuff? The answer seems obvious in this case.
...And I guess if I ponder it long and hard enough, I realize that the answer is the same for my God question.
It is better to go through some really hard, crazy, sometimes disheartening times for a greater purpose. I think God knew that, and of course, that's why He chose to do it. And I think he's put that knowledge in the people's hearts who have the holy spirit. I think God's greater purpose in creating us was so that glory would ultimately be brought to his name. And that's our greater purpose also; to fulfill God's plan of making HIS name famous.
I guess he knew we would screw up 80 times a day along the way, but he also knew that if we are willing to trust in Him to guide us through this mess of life it's gona be so worth it.
So I just wana say thanks to "the big guy upstairs", as jenny beans calls God, for choosing to create us. Me. the mess that I am. So that I can live my life giving You the glory in everything I do...or at least attemting to. Thanks for never giving up on me and for loving me like a freakin hurricane! You are the best (:
Also, on a slightly less profound note, I played Weston tonight!! Man, it's been a good while! [stupid school!] But I took him outside on the back "porch", tuned him up, put on the capo and played How He Loves (and some other stuff). ...Just me and Weston and God...and it was great. (:
The end. Love Julie, who will very soon be 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment