Monday, December 20, 2010

Get stoked...I am!

So, school is officially over for the semester, like grades posted and everything. I'm not gona lie, I was pretty nervous to see my blaw grade. I figured I could pull off a D, but I really needed a C...also on tracs, it said my bio grade was a B, but I was in disbelief. When you tend to make 68's on your tests (or quite possible 30 points lower) you don't usually end up with a B. Buttttt...I guess the final saved me; I made a 99 (: And in Blaw, I made a C!! Yeah so, needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about my grades and how this semester finished.

Alot of other great stuff other than grades happened this semester too:
-I made some super legit friends and deepened other friendships from last year. I'm super blessed by God to have these people in my life. These peeps don't mind that i'm kinda awkward sometimes (ok, alot of the time) and crazy and shy except for not really. They even want me to play the guitar for them, so that's pretty fun (cept for when there's boys present who are straight up beasts on the guitar, that makes my heart beat super fast).
-B-hoot...aka Brooke Hooten and Amanda Jane Foss from the bsm. I don't know how God's brain works (obviously) but I am sure glad He thought it would be a good idea to lead them to Txstate while I am at Txstate. These kids are pretty much amazing and I love getting to hang out with them and just get to be real with them. I love that it was like this from the very beginning and that more than anything else, these girls/ladies/"women"/whatever you want to call them love Jesus more than anything else and seek His will for their lives. Woodangyeah! You guys rock my socks off.
-My small group girls...as disheartening as it was sometimes to only have 2 girls when everyone else's group was pretty much literally overflowing (okk, not literally), God really used our time together and I'm so thankful now for a small group where we could be open and honest, even if it took awhile to get there. It's also definitely at least tried to teach me about responsibility...stupid talents! (: But yeah, last semester was a blast and I'm looking forward to what God will do next semester, and how He will use my inadequacies for His glory. Yeeahh boyeee!
-Conversations with people about who God is...I feel like there is so much that I've learned but still sooo much that I just have no stinkin idea about. I'm just glad that God is bigger than me and in control even when I can't even fathom that. He is provider, healer, sanctifier, shepherd, righteousness, the God that's always been, God most high, Lord, All powerful and Almighty, Peace, and so much more. But most importantly to me, He is my Satisfier. That's a tough one for me becuase I want the things of this world so much sometimes, but God is faithful and He leads me to truth: No one on earth can fill my emptiness and give me what I need. Only He can.
For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. Ps. 107:9

And now it's almost Christmas, so I'm also stoked about that because I'm pretty dang glad God chose to send Jesus to live a perfect life on earth and be our Redeemer. Also I like hanging out with my family...and I'm not gona lie, I do enjoy the presents (:

No comments:

Post a Comment